Presented by MINNESOTA YOUTH FOUNDATION
1. This league offers you, as the manager/player, the opportunity to organize your own hockey team by selecting the players who meet the desired level of competition.
2. Entry into the league is on a first come first serve basis
3. This year’s team fee will be 3800.00; you may make a 500.00 early payment to reserve your team’s spot in the league for the 2013 season. Team Fee balance is due by April 26th, 2013
4. Registration deadline is April 26th, 2013.
5. Each team must have a contact person to provide communication between Elite Edge Staff and their team. This will be the only point of contacted used.
6. Each Team Representative will need to provide team roster.
7. The EHL will begin with the first game in early June 2013.
8. All games will be played in the St. Cloud Area Arenas.
9. Each team must have a minimum of Thirteen (13) skaters and a goalie and will be allowed a maximum of nineteen (19) players.
10. The league is open to all Pee Wee, Bantam, JV, Varsity, Junior, Collegiate and post Collegiate players.
11. All Players will need to have a “Player Card” and Waiver filled out and on file before they will be allowed to participate in league play.
12. Team fees will include ice time, jerseys and officials.
13. Each team will play 10 games over the course of the regular season. Teams are not guaranteed playoffs games
14. Each game will consist of a 5-minute warm-up and a 2-minute break between each period. There will be 3-20 minute running periods. If the score is tied at the end of regulation, we will have a 3-skater Sudden Death shoot out.
15. Playoffs will be seeded after the regular season ends based on record; tiebreakers are goals for, goals against and then flip of a coin.
16. Each player will receive a team jersey.
17. Team jersey and team name will be decided by EHL staff.
18. All games will have two (2) on ice officials.
19. Rosters freeze June 21th 2013 at 12:01 A.M.
LEAGUE RULES - NO CHECKING IS ALLOWED
1. Each player must wear the required & approved ice hockey equipment, which includes; hockey helmet, elbow pads, Shoulder Pads, hockey gloves, hockey pants/breezers, cup/pelvic protector, shin guards and skates. Face protection is required, Full face protection for all players 17 years of age and younger, Half shields are a option of any player 18 years of age and older. Goalies will be required to wear helmet with full-face protection, chest & arm protector, catch glove, blocker, cup/pelvic protector, goalie pants, leg pads & ice skates.
2. Play is with 5 skaters and a goalie on the ice for each team.
3. THIS IS A NO CHECKING LEAGUE
4. This league will follow MSHSL rules, which includes the tag up rule for off sides.
5. There will be ZERO TOLERANCE for bad/foul language or disrespect/back talk to officials. Players and/or coaches doing so will be IMMEDIATELY EXPELLED for the remainder of the game and may receive a one (1) game suspension. The third documented instance may result in league expulsion for that individual.
6. Any player/coach receiving three (3) penalties in a game will be expelled for the remainder of the game and may receive one (1) game suspension. Three such documented instances may result in league expulsion for that individual.
7. FIGHTING WILL NOT BE TOLERATED, as such; any player involved in fighting will be IMMEDIATELY EXPELLED FROM THE LEAGUE.
8. Any team using non-roster players will forfeit that game. The EHL Staff will decide on the level of severity and could result in a team expulsion for the remainder of the season.
OVER TIME PLAYOFF FORMAT
1. If the game is tied at the end of regulation, play will resume with a 5 minute 5 on 5 sudden death.
2. If the game has not been decided at this time we will move to a best of 3-shootout format.
3. Playoffs format is subject to change.
MINOR – 2 MINUTES
MAJOR – 5 MINUTES
MISCONDUCT – 10 MINUTES
FIGHTING – IMMEDIATE EXPULSION FROM THE LEAGUE
Each team will be expected to conduct themselves in a respectable manner and will be held responsible for their actions at the arena, on and off the ice. If a member of your team is responsible for any damage at the rink, your team will be held accountable.
MINNESOTA YOUTH FOUNDATION IS COMMITTED TO PROVIDING A FUN, SAFE AND RESPECTABLE LEAGUE.